Friday 6 March 2015

A-England Tristam

Hello lovely ladies!

I was in the mood for some holographic polish, but didn’t want one that was too strong. So, I decided to go with A-England’s Tristam. Tristam is part of The Mythicals Collection.

A-England Tristam


This dark blue polish has a holographic scatter in it. In full sunlight this color sparkles towards you, while in softer lighting it is a much more subtle holo.

A-England Tristam
The formula of this polish is a bit towards goopy, and I had some troubles with the brush. It was a bit broad and didn’t really want to cooperate. A pity if you ask me, because it’s a nice polish. I touched my cuticles here and there, which made a good clean up really necessary. 
This polish is almost opaque in one coat, but I added another one to even everything out and to create a little more depth. My pictures are without topcoat; it’s so shiny that you don’t need one for a shiny look. However, when you are planning on wearing this polish longer than a few days, I would recommend a top coat to prolong your mani.

A-England Tristam
A-England always names their polishes after some British Legend. I always love reading those, and I thought it might be a nice addition to this post. Tristam is known for the story of Tristam (Tristan) and Iseult (Isolde, Yseult). There are several versions this story, though all say that Tristam should bring Iseult to King Mark, so that Mark and Iseult could be married. On their way, Iseult and Tristam ingest a love potion, which makes them fall in love desperately. The stories differ in how long the potion lasts. The love story of Tristam and Iseult is said to be the inspiration behind the love between sir Lancelot and Guinevere (from the King Arthur legends).
Off course, A-England also named one of their polishes Iseult.
Another funny detail: Adina, the mastermind behind this brand, also named one of her cats Tristam ;-)

Thanks for reading and take care!

A-England sells for 8-10 euros a bottle (13 ml). 

No comments:

Post a Comment